Dvd's & Videos
R18 Dvd's & Videos
Just over ten years, in the year 2000, the U.K. passed legislation that made the sale and viewing of hardcore consensual adult pornography legal. According to the British Board of Film Classificationís (BBFC) own rules; a person that is of 18 years of age or older can buy R18 dvds from sex shops in the U.K. that hold the appropriate business licenses. There is one other catch though; you are not allowed to have these R18 dvds delivered by mail from any address in the U.K.
For many years online sex shops have found inventive ways to circumvent around the delivery from the U.K. Online sex shops in the U.K. have used different methods to ship R18 dvds from creating shell corporations, linking to another online sex shop out of the U.K. in a different country or even overseas. But recently the British government has cracked down on these operations and have begun to levy heavy fines upwards of £27,000.
For the moment it appears that British government has closed these legal loopholes. For the time being it is possible for any British online sex shop to be prosecuted for linking or selling R18 dvds over an unauthorized website. This action could have an immediate affect on the online sex shop industry as well as the adult film industry in the near future.
The BBFC does have their for hardcore adult R18 dvds and videos guidelines available for the general public to view. These rules are as follows:
- R18 dvds and videos are limited to be sold within licensed sex shops.
- A person must be 18 years of age or older.
- R18 dvds and videos are restricted by law to include only explicit sex scenes performed by consensually agreeing adults over the age of 18.
- There are only 90 licensed sex shops in the U.K. that are permitted to sell R18 dvds and videos.
Content that contains any of the following details is not permitted:
- No material that may have broke a criminal law.
- Any material that is deemed as abusive or is viewed as supported abusive sexual activities.
- The actions of Incest and paedophilia as well as any scene that may include adultís role playing as a non-adult.
- No sexual scenes that do not involve the consensual agreement between the actors. The portrayal of pain or physical harm, whether these actions are simulated or in real time. Rarely the BBFC accepts lesser forms of these actions, even with consensual agreement.
- All role playing scenes should contain no sexual threats or actions of humiliation which do not have a direct part of the role playing game between consenting adults.
- Actors are not to restrain or use restraining devices on other persons that prohibit a participate from removing consent. This includes items like Ball gags and some other bondage devices.
- There shall be no penetration of the human orifices with devices that are associated with violence or actual harm to the personís body
- There shall be no portrayals of bestiality, defecation, necrophilia or any other action that could be considered degrading or dehumanising.
- Consenting adults may sexually arouse genitalia
- Whether a male or female, masturbation is able to be filmed
- Any type of oral-genital contact which may be as simple as licking, sucking or kissing sexually sensitive including genitalia
- Sexual penetration can take place with an assortment of sex toys and body parts including the penis, tongue, finger, dildos, vegetables and dildos
- Non-explicitly harmful fetish matter
- Sexual scenes involving a group of consensual adults engaging in sex
- Sexual scenes may include ejaculation and semen
As you have read these specific guidelines do not differentiate between sexual activity involving either heterosexual or homosexual.
18 Certificate films
In the U.K. it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to either rent, buy, possess or view in a cinema any hardcore R18 dvds or videos. The BBFC has always stated that adults have the right to view their own entertainment, as long as that entertainment is within the existing laws. The BBFC contrary to all of these rules and regulations have rarely intervened in R18 films in an actual cinema but the BBFC has been known to intervene with R18 dvds and videos, with respect to younger viewers. The BBFC has little constraint on language, horror, nudity, sexual actions, or theme.
However the BBFC can cut or reject any content that is similar to; detailed illegal drug use, violence or dangerous activities which promote harm as well as some very sexually explicit scenes or activities without a justifiable cause by the context.
Sex Education at '18'
Some sexual content truly desires to educate and inform the public on subjects such as safe sex, mental health, and human sexuality. As with everything in life there are exceptions to every rule and the BBFC can restrict the sexually explicit material to only educational or instructional purposes.
Sex Works at '18'
All content that Material which seems to be replicated can generally pass '18' but many real life sexual scenes and activities will be confined to a minimum.